Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Mornings

If you want pictures you are SOL but you can go over to AR's blog to see pics from our fun weekend.

You know how when you wake up in the middle of the night and you think it is morning then you see your clock and it is only 3 am and you say to yourself "YESSSSSSS (with fist pull) I get 3 more hours of sleep!!!!".  Yeah well I don't.  Never have.  I say to myself, "oh crap it is 3 am and I'm awake and I'll never get back to sleep and my babies are actually sleeping why can't I take advantage of this I'm going to feel like crap tomorrow blah blah blah blah blah blah blah". 

Nevertheless, I love mornings.  I thought they would be the hardest part of my day, but I absolutely love them.  Typical morning:  get up at 5:30 and warm bottles, feed dogs, eat something.  Feed babies from 5:45 to 6:45.  This is my favorite time with them.  I wake them up to feed them and then put them back down, but we each cuddle and talk for a bit.  They are usually in great moods and eat well.  I love the look on their faces when I get them out of the bed and the big stretch when they are released from their straight jackets swaddles.  Then I sit outside on my front porch swing for 15 minutes, drink coffee, watch the sun rise and look at the blooming dogwoods and azaleas.  Catch the first part of the Today Show for all pressing news matters then shower and get ready for work.

I thought I should capture this rare moment of serenity because I'm not sure how long it will last....

1 comment:

  1. I love the big stretch in the morning when Zoey is released from her straight jacket. I typically run to her room as Brian is undoing it do I can see her do this.

    ReplyDelete